How To Use A Shampoo Bar
Discover the new shampoo range from Garnier Shampoo Bars! Zero plastic waste and with a range of products for different hair types
How To Use A Shampoo Bar
Solid Shampoo: Join the Shampoo Bar Revolution
Making the switch from bottle to bar? With UK households throwing away up to 520 million shampoo bottles per year*, this is a great way to help reduce plastic waste in your bathroom. Going from a liquid shampoo to a solid Shampoo Bar doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice having nourished and healthy-looking hair. Garnier’s scientists tested over 60 formulas to develop the perfect one, with all the cream, foaminess and care of a liquid shampoo but in a solid format, meaning zero plastic waste.
Want to get the best results from your Shampoo Bar? Follow these easy steps:
Choosing the Shampoo Bar for your hair type
Firstly, choose the Shampoo Bar that’s right for your hair type. In our new Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo Bar range, we have four different blends for different hair needs:
- Strengthening Honey Treasures for damaged hair, prone to breakage
- Hydrating Coconut for normal hair
- Softening Delicate Oat for sensitive scalp and fragile hair
- Revitalising Ginger Recovery for weak and dull hair
Understanding the Origin of the Ingredients and the Formula
Another thing to consider is the shampoo bar formula and how the ingredients are sourced. Garnier is committed to having fair trade practices across our supply chain and works with 670 communities via our Solidarity Sourcing Programme, which supports and empowers farmers and workers to help them improve their revenues and livelihoods, as well as protect biodiversity.
- Our Shampoo Bars are 94% Plant-based - the remaining 6% guarantee the fragrance and an overall high-quality product
- We use an eco-designed formula which is 97% biodegradable**
- All our Shampoo Bars are silicone free to give you a natural feel
- Ph balanced
- Preservative free
- We also have Vegan formula shampoo bars available which contain no animal derived ingredients or by-products
How to use your Shampoo Bar
- Start by wetting your hair and the solid Shampoo Bar, then rub it between your hands to make it foam
- Hold the Shampoo Bar to your hair and lather from roots to tips. Keep massaging into your hair and scalp until all hair is covered in an extra foamy lather – this shouldn’t take too long!
- Rinse thoroughly
- After using you’re Shampoo Bar, it’s best to store it in a dry place such as a box or aluminium storage case for best preservation
- Follow with a conditioner or intensive hair mask for more intense nourishment
- Always remember to recycle your packaging!
Why should you make the switch to Shampoo Bars
The best thing about Shampoo Bars? Zero plastic waste! By purchasing a Shampoo Bar you’re helping to fight plastic pollution one hair wash at a time. Garnier is committed to using 100% recycled plastic and ensuring all our packaging is reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2025 as part of our commitment to Green Beauty. And we’re already on our way there! Visit our Garnier’s Green Beauty hub to find out more.
*Research polling 2000 UK Adults, DS Smith, 2020
**As per OECD test 301 or equivalents