The Complete Guide To Solid Shampoo Bars For Your Hair
Garnier’s guide to shampoo bars will answer all your questions on solid shampoo for hair. Discover the best shampoo bar for your hair type!
How To Use A Shampoo Bar
Soap Bars vs. Shampoo Bars For Hair
If you’re looking for ways to help reduce plastic waste in your beauty routine, using a solid Shampoo Bar is a great way! However, making the switch from shampoo bottle to solid shampoo bar can be daunting, especially if you’ve been loyal to liquid shampoo for a long time. You may be thinking ‘I don’t want to put something that looks like a bar of soap on my hair.’ We get it, you may be sceptical that you can’t get the same nourished, shiny and healthy-looking hair by using this newer form of sustainable shampoo. However, rest assured Garnier Shampoo Bars are not a soap and come with all the benefits of your liquid shampoo! Garnier’s scientists have tested over 60 formulas to develop the perfect one, with all the foaminess, nourishment and care of a liquid shampoo but in a solid format, meaning zero plastic waste. Our 94% plant-based formula is specifically designed to be used to wash your hair, not your body.
Understanding Shampoo Bar formulas
As with all beauty products, there’s certain things to look out for when choosing a solid Shampoo Bar to get the best results. Apart from having zero plastic waste, this newer form of shampoo has so many great qualities. These are the things we love about our Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo Bar range:
- Our solid Shampoo Bars are zero plastic waste. They are packaged in a 100% recyclable FSC carboard box.
- 94% Plant-based: The remaining 6% guarantee the fragrance and an overall high-quality product
- Eco-designed formulas which are 97% biodegradable (as per OECD 301 or equivalent)
- Our formulas are Silicone free for a natural feel
- We have a blend for your hair type, choose from one of our benefits: Softening, Strengthening, Hydrating or Revitalising
- Fast-rinse formula to make it quick and easy to use
- pH balanced formulas
- Some of our Shampoo Bars are 100% Vegan Formulas with no animal derived ingredients or by-products (please check the packaging for our Vegan Formula logo
Do Solid Shampoo Bars really work?
Garnier’s scientists tested over 60 formulas to develop the perfect one, with all the foaminess, nourishment and care of a liquid shampoo but in a solid format. We wanted to make sure that everyone who makes the switch from bottle to bar, switches for good. Our favourite things about our Shampoo Bars is that they are just as foamy as a liquid shampoo and are super easy to use.
We’ve put this newer shampoo option to the test. Click here to read our consumer reviews from those who have already tried and tested the products.
Choosing the Shampoo Bar for your hair type
Solid Shampoo Bars are an amazing way to help reduce plastic waste as part of your beauty routine, but what impact does it have on your hair? Like liquid shampoo, there are different types of Shampoo Bars to suit different hair types, meaning you don’t have to sacrifice giving your hair the specific care in needs.
- Strengthening Honey Treasures for damaged hair, prone to breakage
- Hydrating Coconut for normal hair
- Softening Delicate Oat for sensitive scalp and fragile hair
- Revitalising Ginger Recovery for weak and dull hair
How to use a Shampoo Bar for hair
To get the best results from your Shampoo Bar, follow these easy steps:
- Start by wetting your hair and the solid Shampoo Bar, then rub it between your hands to make it foam
- Hold the Shampoo Bar to your hair and lather from roots to tips. Keep massaging into your hair and scalp until all hair is covered in an extra foamy lather – this shouldn’t take too long!
- Rinse thoroughly
- After using you’re Shampoo Bar, it’s best to store it in a dry place such as a box or aluminium storage case for best preservation
- Follow with a conditioner or intensive hair mask for more intense nourishment
- Always remember to recycle your packaging!
Why should you make the switch to Solid Shampoo Bars?
If you’re looking for ways to help reduce plastic waste in your beauty routine or start using natural shampoo, switching to a Shampoo Bar is great and it doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice having nourished and healthy-looking hair.
The best thing about Shampoo Bars? Zero plastic waste! By purchasing a Shampoo Bar you’re helping to fight plastic pollution one hair wash at a time. Garnier is committed to using 100% recycled plastic and ensuring all our packaging is reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2025 as part of our commitment to Green Beauty. And we’re already on our way there! Visit our Garnier’s Green Beauty hub to find out more.
Do you need a conditioner with a Shampoo Bar?
Our Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo Bars have the same nourishing properties as a liquid shampoo, and we love to pair it with a conditioner or indulge in a hair mask for ultimate hair hydration. Take a look at our blends, there’s sure to be one that will suit your hair type!