Pure Active and Skin FAQs
How to recognise your skin type, along with quick and easy skincare tips on how to look after your skin.
How to recognise your skin type, quick and easy skincare and what skincare products are best for my skin type? All the need to know's here.
Quick and Easy Skincare
Lucky for you, a skincare regime really only requires three steps, making it both fast and easy.
1. Cleanse: First, wash your face with warm water and a good cleanser.
2. Tone: Pat your face dry and apply a toner.
3. Moisturise: The best moisturiser to choose is one that hydrates your skin and has sun protection in it, too!
It really is as simple as that! You can add a few extra treats for your skin like a face mask on the weekend or other days when you have a bit more time but with these three steps, you are already doing what's important to keep your skin looking great!
What skincare products are best for my skin type?
There are about as many variations in skin type as there are people on this planet. Your skin is affected by a whole range of both internal and external factors. A lot, however, depends on your hormones and your genetics.
That said, most skin can be fit more or less into four categories: oily skin, dry skin, normal skin and combination skin (which has a little bit of both oily and normal). Other people include other more specific categories such as blemish prone, wrinkling or ageing skin, sensitive skin, sun-damaged skin. Depending upon which category you fall into, you can orientate yourself towards certain skincare products.
But remember, every skin type is different, so you may have to experiment to find products that really work for you!
- For dry skin: Aim for products that moisturise. Be careful not to overwash your face and try switching to a more gentle cleanser.
- For oily skin: You still need to moisturise, just make sure that you are using a moisturiser specially designed for oily.
- For combination skin: It sounds tricky, but you may need to use different products on different areas of your face, depending on the skin in that area. There are also combination skin products, which might make things a little easier. In the end, it is all about what works for you!
- For normal skin: You still need to do a routine of cleansing, toning and moisturising (alongside daily sun protection).
How to recognise your skin type
There are 4 different skin types: dry, normal, combination and oily. It is important you know what your skin type is, in order to adapt your skincare routine and choose the skincare products suited to your skin.
Dry skin comes with tight pores, rough and tight feeling, less elasticity – it is very important to moisturise your skin with a moisturiser for dry skin that will deeply hydrate your skin.
Normal skin is what everyone aspires to: no or very little imperfections, no sensitivity, great complexion. If you are lucky to have such a skin, it is important you maintain it by deep cleansing and moisturising.
Combination skin is the most common skin type and associates oily skin in the T-Zone (forehead, nose and chin) to normal/dry skin on the rest of the face. This skin type requires skincare products for combination skin.
Oily skin often comes with large pores, shine and imperfections. It is very important to deep cleanse twice a day in order to reduce the appearance of imperfections.