Terms and Conditions
Thank you for using www.garnier.co.uk (the Site) a website which is controlled and operated by L’Oréal (UK) limited ("L’Oréal") with offices at 255 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8AZ.
The following terms and conditions apply to your use of this Site. By using this Site, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to comply with these terms (the Agreement). If you do not accept any of these terms, please do not use the Site.
We may from time to time change the terms that govern your use of our Site. Your use of our Site following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the terms as changed. We may change, move or delete portions of, or may add to, our Site from time to time. From time to time additional terms and conditions may apply to the purchase of particular products and other uses of this Site, and you agree to such terms and conditions.
Trademarks: "Garnier referenced on this Site is a trademark of L’Oréal and/or affiliated companies.
Other product and company names mentioned on this Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright: Copyright subsisting in the contents of this Site (including without limitation all images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, and written and other materials that appear as part of this Site) belongs or is licensed to L’Oréal. The modification, copying or incorporation into any other work of part or all of the material available on this Site in any form is prohibited save that you may print or download extracts of the material on this Site for your non-commercial, informational and personal use only. All rights are reserved.
Database rights: Rights in databases and database rights in the Site including without limitation all content and software are owned by or licensed to L’Oréal. All rights are reserved.
Links: There may be links that will let you leave this Site or that will let you access this Site from third party sites. Linked third party sites are not under the control of L’Oréal and L’Oréal is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site or any link contained in such a linked site. Existence of links to other third party sites is not an endorsement by L’Oréal in favour of such site or the products or services contained in any linked site. To the extent that this Site contains links to or may be accessed from outside services and resources, the availability and content of which L’Oréal does not control, any concerns regarding any such service or resource or any link thereto should be directed to the particular outside service or resource.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability: l'Oréal, its employees or agents) in connection with the information on the site.
L’Oréal expressly excludes all warranties, obligations, representations, liabilities, terms or conditions (whether express or implied, or arise in contract, statute, or otherwise, and irrespective of the negligence of l’Oréal makes no representations or warranties with respect to any information, material or graphics on this site. to the maximum extent permitted by law, l’Oréal be liable for loss of use, data or profits, loss of business projects or opportunity or any direct, incidental, special, indirect or consequential losses of any kind, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of or reliance on information on the site or inability to use the site or any of its contents or any delays in the provision of information or any action taken (or not taken) as a result of using the site. l’Oréal makes reasonable efforts to place accurate, current content on this site. However in no event shall l'Oréal be liable for loss of use, data or profits, loss of business projects or opportunity or any direct, incidental, special, indirect or consequential losses of any kind, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of or reliance on information on the site or inability to use the site or any of its contents or any delays in the provision of information or any action taken (or not taken) as a result of using the site.
L’Oréal does not warrant that the functions contained in this Site or its content will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site or its server are free of viruses or other harmful components.
Please note that the information, materials and graphics available on this Site may be incomplete, out of date or incorrect. The information, materials, and graphics available on this Site may be subject to change without notice.
You agree that L’Oréal may use and/or disclose information about your demographics and use of the Site in a manner that does not reveal your identity.
Termination: This Agreement is effective unless and until terminated by either you or L’Oréal. You may terminate this Agreement at any time. L’Oréal may also terminate this Agreement at any time and may do so immediately without notice, and accordingly deny you access to the Site, if in L’Oréal's sole discretion you fail to comply with any term or provision of this Agreement. Upon any termination of this Agreement by either you or L’Oréal, you must promptly destroy all materials downloaded from this Site, as well as copies of such materials, whether made under the terms of this Agreement or otherwise.
Severance & Waiver: If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
Entire Agreement: Except as provided herein, these terms and conditions are the entire agreement between us and supersede any prior understanding or agreements (written or oral).
Third Party Rights: Nothing in this Agreement is intended to confer on any third party (whether referred to in this Agreement by name, class, description or otherwise) any benefit or any right (under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise) to enforce any provision of this Agreement or any agreement entered into in connection with it.
Governing Law: This Agreement, any claim relating to, the use of this Site and the materials contained herein are governed by English law. You consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
NUTRISSE LIVE CHAT TERMS & CONDITIONS
If you have any concerns or complaints or want to report an issue about any Garnier products and their application to you, or you have technical questions about the Site please contact our Consumer Advisory Department on 0800 0854 375 . You can also email us at UKConsumerAdvice@loreal.com or by post to L’Oréal Consumer Advisory Department, 255 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8AZ. Garnier reserves the right to refer your query to its Consumer Advisory Department rather than responding via the Chat Service it if it believes that your query would be better handled in this way.
Garnier shall not be held responsible for any content created by you on the Chat Service.
You are not permitted to and you agree and warrant that you will not:
• Copy, reproduce, modify or create derivative works of the Chat Service, or any other element of the Site;
• Dis-assemble reverse-engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to determine the underlying source code of the Chat Service or Site;
• Take any action with a view to distributing or reproducing the Site or the Chat Service; or
• Take any action that would affect the functionality of the Chat Service or the Site, whether in whole or in part.
You do not have the right to sell, lease, sub-licence or provide any portion of the Chat Service or Site to any third party.
By using the Chat Service, you represent and warrant that:
• You are the author of content submitted, that you are not stealing the identity of another person, and you are not using a false email address or otherwise being misleading as to the origin of your query;
• Your query or content submitted is your original work and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties;
• You hereby waive all moral rights and any intellectual property rights that would have otherwise vested in you pursuant to the Copyright, Design and Patents and Act 1988;
• All content that you send is truthful and accurate;
• You are at least 18 years old;
You further agree and warrant that you shall not use the Chat Service or submit any query or content:
• That is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
• That infringes any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, right of privacy, moral right or other intellectual property or proprietary rights;
• That contains any information about Garnier’s competitors or their products (namely other manufacturers and/or distributors and/or retailers of health and beauty products);
• That contains any pricing information;
• That refers to a third party individual without their prior express consent;
• That violates any law, statute, or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing intellectual property, privacy, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or advertising);
• That is, or may reasonably be considered to be illegal, infringing, defamatory, libellous, abusive, hateful, harassing, racially or religiously inappropriate, offensive, inciting of violence, fraudulent, invasive of privacy, threatening, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable;
• That consists of or contains political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, unsolicited emails or other forms of “spam” regardless of the content;
• That is unrelated to the purpose of asking for hair colouring advice or about our Garnier Nutrisse products from one of our advisors;
• Which contains any swearing, sexual innuendo or sexual language or which promotes or incites the perpetration of any unlawful activity such as drug-taking;
• For which you will derive any compensated or monetary benefit by any third party or which could be construed as an advertisement or solicitation to buy (which shall include any content that directs business away from Garnier;
• That includes any information that references other websites, URL addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers;
• That contains any actual, or instructions on how to create, computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other potentially disruptive or damaging or harmful computer programs, files, codes or attachments;
• That could alter, steal, corrupt, disable, destroy, trespass, circumvent or violate any security or encryption of the Site, the Chat Service or any computer file, database or network.
Garnier reserves the right not to respond to and delete:
• Duplicate queries;
• Blank queries;
• Queries in a language that is not English;
• Any unintelligible content (such as content that contains random characters and meaningless word strings); or
The Chat Service may be unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other technical reasons and Garnier cannot take any responsibility for any errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions or delays that may be experienced by users when accessing the Chat Service.
You agree to indemnify, keep indemnified and hold Garnier (which shall include its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to Moxie Software Limited), harmless from all losses, claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, direct or indirect including reasonable legal fees, which are incurred by Garnier for any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
Garnier reserves the right to suspend or cease to provide the Chat Service at any time without notice.
Updated May 2015
We may make available on this Site a space, powered by Olapic, Inc. (“Olapic”) dedicated to user content, such as for example text, photos, videos, etc. (“User Content”). Where you upload User Content to our site, or respond to our request to use User Content you have already posted to social media with hastags listed here you agree to our #YesGarnier terms and conditions.
We do not endorse or control the User Content transmitted or posted on the Site and therefore, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of User Content. You understand that by using the Site, you may be exposed to User Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable to you. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any User Content, including, without limitation, for any errors or omissions in any User Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred by you as a result of the use of any User Content transmitted, uploaded, posted, e-mailed or otherwise made available via the Site.
Please inform us of any User Content which appears contrary to applicable legislation in force and/or to accepted standards of morality and/or the principles set forth herein and/or which infringes the rights of others, at the following address:email@example.com.